We appreciate any suggestions you might have for this section.
Click on the graphic above to contact us.
Table of Contents
An Interview With Mark Watje, President of Curbtender Sweepers, LLC
Wayne Engineering was long known as one of the top garbage truck suppliers in the U.S. In 2007 the company branched out into sweeper manufacturing under the name Wayne Sweepers via purchase of the Centurion sweeper from Tennant.
Since then, the company has increased its footprint into the sweeping industry, as well as reorganized with new investment partners and formed Curbtender Sweepers LLC in October 2017. Read the story.
An Interview With Greg Heyer, New President of Old Dominion Brush
For the past seven years Greg Heyer was the Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience at Schwarze Industries, Inc., an Alamo Group company. At the first of 2018, Greg Heyer was rewarded for his accomplishments as a Schwarze Industries VP by being selected as the President of one of the sweeping industry's most iconic organizations, Old Dominion Brush Company (ODB). Read the story.
Victory Sweepers, a Roots Multi Clean Company
- Victory Sweepers, Inc. went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy and was purchased in late 2017 by Roots Multi Clean (Roots), a family-owned conglomerate with a home base in Coimbatore, India. Robbin Hodges is Vice President of the new Victory Sweepers, now owned by Roots Multi Clean. We caught up with Robbin Hodges at the 2018 National Pavement Exposition in Cleveland. He assented to conducting a video interview at the Victory Sweepers booth. In addition to an overview of the information he provided, you are invited to view the approximately 10-minute video interview. Read the story.
Well Made Manufacturing: Making a New Kind of Parking Area Sweeper
- The goal of Wells Ledger, president of Well Made Manufacturing, a new parking area sweeper manufacturer, is to build a sweeper that's low on maintenance. However, says Ledger, we'll also be using as many off-the-shelf parts as possible, to allow our customers to source many replacement parts at low cost locally.
The new sweeper, called the 'Twister Alley F1,' is a twin-engine sweeper mounted onto a Dodge ProMaster chassis and offers a 2.9 cubic yard hopper. The company is also selling its sweepers with a five-year "curb brooms for life" program. Read the story.
Johnston Sweepers, Ltd. Establishes a Foothold in the USA
- An overview of the worldwide leader in road sweeper manufacturing, Johnston Sweepers, Ltd. In addition to a synopsis of the company spanning its start in 1904 to the present, we offer a 2012 interview with Bill Ackendorf, the acting general manager of the US affiliate, Johnston North America. Read the story.
Inventor of the miniBRUTE SWEEPER Targets Contractor Cost of Operation
- Mike Primeaux has been a sweeping and landscaping contractor for over a decade. Unlike most contractors, though, for much of that time Primeaux has been using a sweeper of his own design. Because of the cost of purchase and operation of sweepers in the marketplace, Primeaux began designing his own number of years ago. Now, after a successful year-and-a-half of testing his current model, he decided he was ready to make his sweeper available for others to use. Read the story.
Profile on Mohawk's 'Labor Saver Dirt Shoe'
- If you've owned even one mechanical broom sweeper, chances are you or your operator has run over some type of raised object and bent one of the skids on which the main broom rides. Second generation sweeping contractor, Charlie Ostuni, has developed a product that he says totally eliminates that costly problem. Read the story.
Stewart-Amos Sweeper Co.
- In 1938, Al Amos founded what is today called the Stewart-Amos Company, maker of the Starfire line of mechanical broom sweepers. Initially, the firm was a distributor of mineral processing and aggregate production equipment for the limestone quarries located in Pennsylvania. Read the story.
Elgin Sweepers are a World Wide Force
- Here's an overview of how the Elgin Sweeper Company got its start, as well as information about some of the sweepers in the company's product line. Read the story.