Introduce your self

Basic info about where you are and how the Discussion Forum works.

Moderators: Dwan, Karl Stauty, Tom_in_CA

elginsweeperfan
Anti-Spam Number: 1

Post by elginsweeperfan » Tue May 06, 2008 6:55 am

hey im tyler fuller im 16 and i have been studying sweepers since i was 3

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Post by Dwan » Tue May 06, 2008 8:55 am

Welcome Tyler.

Glad to have you aboard.

danielg86
Anti-Spam Number: 3

Hi from Daniel at www.exosweep.com

Post by danielg86 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Hello all,

I'm Daniel the owner of Exosweep Parking Lot Sweeping. I just found this resource and I look forward to sharing amongst others in the sweeper biz as well as interacting with manufacturers through this forum. This looks like it will be a useful tool.

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Re: Introduce your self

Post by Dwan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Welcome Daniel, Hopefully things wil pick up a bit now that it is spring.
Got any questions?
What type of equipment do you run?

Charles

Post by Charles » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi All,
My name is Charles and I'm a retired pest control operator. I came to this forum in the hope that someone might remember Brown-Bevis Equipment Rentals, a company which employed my father in the sixties. The company, which I believe was last located in Vernon, CA, seems to have disappeared sometime after 1974. Does anyone have an old, or current, address?

Thank you,

Charles

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Post by Dwan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:13 am

Charls; First welcome to Worldsweeper.com.

A short search on the internet returned this, although you probably all ready knew at least this much.

Dwan

Brown-Bevis Equipment CO. was a corporation registered in the state of California.

It was a domestic corporation, meaning it was formed, as well as registered, in California. Its articles of incorporation were filed on February 18, 1946.

Read more: http://california.14thstory.com/brown-b ... z1BqLiM37g

Brown-Bevis Equipment CO. has been dissolved. A certificate of dissolution was filed with the Secretary of State, and the corporation no longer exists.

Brown-Bevis Equipment CO. was a for-profit entity.

Charles

Post by Charles » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Thank you, Dwan.

Yes, I was sure that the company no longer existed, at least as Brown-Bevis, since the last bit of info I found was a memo of a payment to the company for sweeper parts in 1974. However, I thought that BB may have been purchased and continued on with most of the same employees and a new name, or that the employees had found work with other firms in the industry. So far I have been able to locate only one local "old-timer," who started in the business in 1976, and he doesn't remember BB.

Regards,

Charles

sweepeasy

Post by sweepeasy » Sun May 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Greg, I'm located in South GA. I own a parking lot maintenance company, and we specialize in commercial parking lot sealcoating, line striping, and parking lot repairs. Recently added sweeping services to our offerings and use a Nighthawk sweeper. Although we're new to sweeping, we've been around commercial parking lots since 2004. I'm excited about sweeping as it really compliments our other services.

We've been sweeping for only about 4 months now, and are slowly adding new clients to service.

I do have a couple questions about our sweeper, and will be posting them in the proper place soon. Thanks in advance!

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Post by Dwan » Sun May 29, 2011 6:38 pm

Cool welcome aboard.

winkmeister

Post by winkmeister » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:47 am

hi all im mike 38 from uk been operating johnston sweepers and johnton beam for 17 yrs i am available for work anywhere in the world
I have created a site for roadsweepers http://www.roadsweeper.info
Please take a look around and send some pics for posting
mike

Imperialswp

Post by Imperialswp » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 am

Hello Group,

My name is Wally Martinez and I just started up a sweeping business in Sugar Land, TX. The company name is Imperial Sweeping. In case you didn't know Sugar Land is the home of Imperial Sugar.
Even though I'm new in the business, I have a history in the indusrty. My grandfather started sweeping parking lots in 1952 in Corpus Christi,TX. He did this for years just using the unregistered name of Martinez Sweeping. He swept at nights while keeping a day job working for the city. The sweeping at night included the whole family ( wife & five kids) All the sweeping was performed with only brooms, shovels and a big cardboard box. My grandfather kept up this sweeping business and procured serveral accounts until 1974. On or around that year my uncle took the business to the next level by deciciding to leave his city job and putting all he had into the sweeping business. He bought his first sweeper truck from Mr. Schwarze around that time frame. My dad made the trip with him to Alabama to pick up one of the 1st generation Super Vacs!

The rest is history, my uncle is still in the sweeping business today in Corpus Christi,TX and also has operations in the Texas Valley www.coastalsweeping.net.

So here I am starting my sweeping business and I also just returned from Alabama, but I bought my T-600 from Mark Schwarez at Victory Sweepers. I'm starting out small but I have a big vision and two mentors that are showing me the way. One of those mentors is my 94 y/o grandfather.

Happy Sweeping!
Wally Martinez
Imperial Sweeping

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Post by Dwan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:18 am

You have some great history to fall back on. Welcome. Hope you find the people at Victory as pleasing to deal with as I have. Great bunch of people.

Jay Hill

Post by Jay Hill » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Hello every one Im Jay Hill From Buffalo NY Looking to Start my own Independent sweeping Business an building a profitable company. I look forward to Net working an hearing stories as well information on the business. about to dig into the fundamentals of the power sweeping business now.

Dwan
Forum Administrator

Post by Dwan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am

Jay, Welcome.
You will find a lot of usefully information on the World Sweeper web site. Should you have any questions be sure to post them and someone may be able to help answer them.

Dwan

Tom_in_CA
Forum Administrator

Post by Tom_in_CA » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 pm

welcome Jay!

Return to “Start Here”